Artistic Roots, NEW: Teaching Class on Collage, & Link to Gallery A3 Art Reception
- I will be exhibiting as a full-time member of the artists' coop Artistic Roots in Plymouth, NH, as of August 1! I am thrilled about this opportunity, especially as I may actually get to teach some classes (most likely on the topic of collage). This is really a dream come true for me, and it should also hopefully open the door there to more abstract artists.
- I am teaching a class on collage at Artistic Roots on Friday, August 16, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. For more details and/or to sign up, click here.
- The reception for the exhibition titled Sky Bowl at Gallery A3 that I'll be participating in through August is Thursday, August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (click here for the Facebook event and to RSVP). The gallery is located in Amherst, MA. Please stop by if you are in the area! And if you aren't available that night, my painting Albumin (above) will be hanging in the show there through August.
Art News! (New Pieces, Wellness Exhibition Photos, Et Al.)
It's been a very busy and fruitful couple of months for me! Long paragraphs make me tired, so here are the bullet points:
- My exhibition titled Awakening is still up at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, and has been extended through early October. Stop if you're in the area! Click here to see some photos of the works hanging in the exhibition.
- My piece Albumin was chosen for Gallery A3's 6th annual juried show, this year titled "Sky Bowl." It will be hanging along with the other artists' works from August 1 to 31. Gallery A3 is in Amherst, MA. The reception will be held on August 1, from 5 to 8 p.m. (link to the show is here).
- I will be showing a solo exhibition titled Awaken (notice a theme here?) at 42 Maple Contemporary Art Center in Bethlehem, NH, in May 2020! More details on that to come.
- Last but not least, I have been painting up a storm! The piece above, titled Violaine, is part of a new series that I am working on. I have already sold two out of the pieces I've created thus far from the series. I hope to exhibit it somewhere this fall or winter. I also continue to create smaller pieces made from small canvases and card stock. Visit my Etsy site to view/buy.
Thanks for reading, and more news soon!
Exhibition Now Up at Wellness at Villageworks; plus, New Painting
At the beginning of June, I hung an exhibition at Wellness at Villageworks in Acton, MA, titled Awakening. It will be up through August, so stop by if you're in the area!
Also, I just finished and framed a new piece, titled Opus. This painting has already been snatched up by an eager buyer, but I will be making prints, so let me know if you're interested.
New Piece: Nebulous
I just finished this new piece, and it's already spoken for!
Information: Title: Nebulous; size: 16" x 20"; media: acrylic paint, acrylic ink, spray paint, watercolor, gouache, eyeshadow, pastels, colored pencils, and thread
New Paintings from April and May 2019
I finished two new pieces in the last couple of months: Feast (above) and Golden (below). Both are for sale on Etsy. Enjoy!
Participating in Silent Auction to Benefit CADY (Communities for Alcohol- and Drug-free Youth), Plymouth, NH
On May 9, I'll be participating in a silent auction to benefit CADY (Communities for Alcohol- and Drug-free Youth) in Plymouth, NH. I'm donating a painting titled "Wings" to the auction. Those interested in bidding are invited to contact me through my contact page. Click here for more info about CADY.
In other news, I finished a couple of new paintings recently, titled "Alice" and "Ash Wednesday." "Alice" is framed and for sale on Etsy.
New Cards Up on Etsy
New handmade paper collage art cards and small works up on Etsy. Check them out here.
Prints Now Available on Etsy
Prints of two of my paintings are now available on Etsy! Visit my shop to view or purchase. The two featured works are "Languages" and "Wintry Mix." Each print is matted in white, sized 11" x 14", and in a clear protective envelope. These prints are a limited-time-only item.